Today’s generation, i.e. we millenials love to eat tasty food, especially packed or tinned food, such as noodles, biscuits, cakes, chips, processed foods etc. They are unhealthy and we call it ‘junk food’.
These foods surely give us, satisfactory taste, but also add up extra calories which transform to unhealthy fat. The belly fat is the most difficult region to lose fat from.
We have a problem, which is; we want tasty food, but we also want a fit body with no fat, a flat tummy, abs, and toned muscles. Especially girls, have goals to get that perfect ‘Pinterest’ body-type. Which in reality can be achieved only by workout and maintenance of diet.
As known to us all, the best exercise to reduce belly fat is plank. Wherever you search for, may it be YouTube, Google, Instagram or any search engine, you’re going to get the same result. Plank indeed is the most recommended and best exercise to reduce belly fat and that too in a shorter period of time.
This guide will provide you, all the instructions, tips, and facts about planks and how you can do this to get a flat and enviable belly.
Planks for flat tummy :-
Planks not only burn your belly fat but it also adds to enhance your core strength. It works on your abs, shoulders, back, hips, chest and obliques. After starting doing these planks you surely are going to mark a visible difference.
Length of the plank differs on the basis of your strength and your status of how long you’ve been working out. If you’ve been working out for pretty long, or you workout regularly, you would be able to hold it for a longer period of time.
But let’s start with the beginners
If you’re a beginner, then we would recommend you to hold your plank for 10-15 seconds at first. Take a break of 20-30 seconds and then repeat the exercise. Repeat it a minimum of 5 times per workout session.
If you’re not a beginner and are acquainted in heavy workouts, then you can hold it for 30-60 seconds or more. Repeat at least 3 times.
Now let’s see the different types of planks and how to do it :-
- Side Plank – As the name suggests this should be done with you on your side. Lay down on your left side with your left forearm on the floor. Make sure that your elbow is parallel with your shoulder. Keep your both legs extended straight with one leg on the other. Then raise your hips and form a straight line from your head to feet. Stay in this plank position for 10 seconds. Then take rest for 10 seconds. Repeat this 7-8 times. Turn to your right side and repeat the same steps again.
- Full Plank – Lay down with your stomach on the floor. Rest all your weight on your forearms, making sure that your elbow aligns with your shoulder. Stay in this position for 15 seconds. Take a break of 10 seconds and repeat this for at least 5 times. If you’re a pro, hold this position for 60 seconds and then repeat it for 3 times.
Note – Remember to take deep breaths during the exercise.
- Reverse Plank – Lie down on the floor on your back with your arms extended beside your hips. Palms should be facing upwards. Keep your palms beside your hips pressing on the floor then raise your body to form a straight line from head to toe. Make sure your arms and legs are straight. Breath deeply and hold it for 15 seconds. Lower down your body and come back to the normal lying down position. Repeat this procedure at least 2 times if you’re a beginner and 5 times if you’re a regular. It might be hard to do at first. But be consistent and it will become easier.
- Plank jack – Raise to the normal full plank position. Then, while staying in this position jump and spread your legs apart. Then quickly return to the normal plank position by bringing back your feet together. Do this for 60 seconds and then relax. Then repeat it once more.
- Mountain Climbing Plank – Do the plank position then place your hands a bit apart. Then pull your left knee towards your chest and hold for 10 seconds. Put it to the previous position. Repeat it with your left knee. Do this alternatively for at least 3-5 times.
- Plank with shoulder taps – Do the plank position. Then stay in the plank position but not with your elbows on the floor. Place your palm on the floor and raise to the plank position. Then lift your right arm and tap your left shoulder diagonally. Then bring back the right arm. Repeat it with your left arm. Do this for at least 20-25 repetitions. Don’t let your body sway or your hips down during this exercise.
Planks are the best calorie burning exercises. They improve the core strength of your body. It also improves your posture and flexibility. But nothing happens overnight, right..!?
You have to continue doing these workouts and these planks to see some difference in a month.
Don’t let your laziness win over you. Strengthen your will-power. (Sadly, there’s no exercise to strengthen it). You have to do it on your own. Only you can motivate yourself to burn down those extra calories and get back to shape.
Along with planks, do not forget to eat healthy. If you continue doing exercises and keep on eating junk, and then say “I didn’t mark any difference” Then we are sorry, but there’s nothing we can do to help you… !
You have to stop eating those extra unhealthy calories and switch to eating healthy food, such as vegetables, soup, and home cooked food.. !!
Hope, this article was helpful in giving all the necessary information about planks and how it helps to reduce belly fat. Thank you for reading.