Gaining weight may sometimes be not your cup of tea.
Do you think you’re too skinny, it’s okay as well. But you are not happy, and want to gain weight. First advice would be learn to love your body, however it is. Learn to accept your flaws, whatever it may take to do that, do that. If you do think that gaining or losing some kilos would help you do that. Then obviously go for it.
So if you want to gain some weight, up on your body.. ? You’re at the correct place.
This guide will give you exactly what you need to do. First of all, gaining or losing weight can’t happen overnight. You have to be very patient with this process. It takes time, it takes efforts. And just like they say, it’s hard to take the first step. But, once you’re in, then you’re going to be fine.
If you ask anyone “how to gain weight..? ” The person is going to suggest you with ‘Eat more food.’
But that’s not the only thing, you need to do…!! No one understands or suggests, the strategies beneath it.
This guide will provide you a complete overview on gaining weight.
Weight gain doesn’t just mean to put on fat, it’s about gaining healthy weight.
- Eat healthy – You need to eat healthy food three to five times a day. Many balanced maintained healthy diets are available. Increasing your calorie intake is the first step. But you also need to maintain it, in order to not get fat. There are many apps available online to track your calorie intake. Track it down and increase it. Don’t take too much sugary food, or you might get type 2 diabetes.
- Weight training – It is a training for developing the strength of skeletal muscles. You need to vary and develop your workout to gain body mass. This training is essential for weight gain, at least two or three times a week. Gradually increase the number of sets of your workout. The workouts which help gain weight are bench presses, Squats, deadlifts, lunges, pushups and pullups
- Take high calorie carbohydrates – You can take healthy smoothies to increase your calories intake. Carbs have high calories and help you gain weight faster and at an effective way. But remember to take wholesome food, not packaged. Packaged foods, canned, or tinned food is not at all healthy and it just adds on to increase our health risks. Eat fibrous food, which will help you provide you the energy to do your work and add healthy mass to your muscles. Healthy fats can also be taken.
- Take a diet rich in protein – protein rich food helps you to gain weight. Foods like nuts, legumes, eggs, fish, meat, dairy products such as milk, yoghurt, cheese(especially cottage cheese), beans, soy, and fruits like guava, avocado, jackfruit, kiwi are rich sources of protein. They help you gain healthy muscle weight.
- Stay Hydrated – weight training can result in loss of water in the form of sweat, which impairs muscle recovery and thus can make you dehydrated. Staying hydrated helps you in all the way. It regulates your body temperature, transport the nutrients to the organs, and keeps them functioning properly.
These were the 5 tips to gain healthy weight.
Being underweight can lead to certain health risks.
Some of them are listed below –
- Malnutrition – if you don’t eat healthy food your body gets deficient of certain nutrients, and may cause problems. You may feel fatigued, and loss of energy and it can also lead to anemia.
- Osteoporosis – deficiency of calcium and vitamin D causes loss in bone mass density and may cause osteoporosis.
- Fertility issues – being underweight can lead to irregular menstrual cycle, or Amenorrhea, which may further lead to infertility.
- Low immunity – with a deficiency of nutrients, the body has a very low immunity. Which can cause to catching any disease fast and slows down the bodies natural way fighting against the diseases
- Skin, hair and teeth problems – these problems can also be visible in your body if you’re underweight.
Thus, to gain a healthy weight follow the tips mentioned earlier.
Hope this gave you a clear view on the topic. Thanks for visiting here.